This PFD is classified as a Type 2 PFD, and a Type 5 PFD. It is intended to be used as near-shore buoyant vests. They’re not designed for long periods in rough water, but for calm, inland water. This PFD will flip a person even if they’re unconscious onto their back to keep their head out of the water. It is not intended for children under the age of 16.
The PFD employs the Hydrostatic Inflation Technology system (HIT) which uses a firing pin in the jacket which in turn discharges the replaceable CO2 jet, inflating the jacket.
- Provides 38 lbs of buoyancy when inflated
- Universal one size fits all Chest size: 30”- 52”
- Colors: Orange/Black, Navy/Black, Olive/Black, Black
- HIT will automatically inflate under water pressure, not accidentally in rain, spray or humidity
- Manual oral inflation tube allows you to inflate the vest at any time
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Shell is made of 20-Denier Nylon
The back flap can be silk screened free of charge with common agency verbiage like “Rescue”, “Fire”, “Police”, “Sheriff”, “SAR”, and others. Ink color choice is black or white. Custom department names: a one time only set-up fee may be assessed for agencies that do not have a template already on file with Mustang.
For back flap to be silk screened, must be purchased in quantities of 5 or more.
Call 1-800-457-3728 for a quote if you don’t see desired verbiage.