UL Classified to NFPA 1983 General Use, EN 1891 A | Ansi Z133
KM-III static kernmantle rope is an exceptional static rope for rappelling, caving, rescue, top roping, fixed rope applications, hauling and life-safety applications. The unique polyester sheath differentiates KM III from other static ropes. The polyester sheath is balanced with a nylon core to limit rotation, bouncing and stretch. Ropelab tests demonstrated polyester sheaths significantly outperformed nylon in abrasion tests. Each piece of KM III rope comes with an NFPA certification tag and CE labels. Thirty-two bobbins provide the correct sheath for the unique demands of static rope and the optimum sheath/core ratio. This allows for an incredibly smooth sheath, higher tensile strengths and superior handling characteristics.
- Polyester over nylon with a balanced torque-free construction
- Excellent handling and knot holding characteristics
- High-abrasion resistance
- Excellent UV protection
The following specifications apply to all diameters of KM-III:
- Construction: Block creel, low-stretch (static) kernmantle construction
- Fiber: The core is 100% nylon and the sheath is 100% polyester
- Sheath: Braided polyester jacket, 32 carrier, two over two under construction with half of the strands having a Z-twist and half having an S-twist
- Strength: 7/16″ – 7,900 lbs.(35kN) or 1/2″ – 10,350 lbs.(46kN)
- Elongation: 7/16″ – 3.51% at 450 lbs. or 1/2″ – 3% at 450 lbs.
- Temperature: Melt point 480 degrees F (248 degrees C)
- Choice of colors: White with Blue Tracer, Red with White Tracer, Orange with Blue Tracer and Green with Blue Tracer
Available in 4 lengths: 150’ (46m), 200’ (61m), 300’ (92m) and 600’ (183m)