Frequently Asked Questions
When is sales tax charged?
Rescue Source is required to charge applicable state sales tax on orders shipped to California. We also charge New York state sales tax on all manikins.
Are prices shown on the website subject to change?
Yes, unfortunately we sometimes can’t anticipate price changes from our vendors. While we do everything in our power to avoid this, prices are subject to change without notice.
What form of payments does Rescue Source accept?
Rescue Source accepts the following forms of payment online:
Call 800-457-3728 or email email@example.com to pay with:
- Purchase Orders from government agencies located within the U.S.
- Bank wires
- Checks – in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. Bank only
How are back orders handled?
A back ordered item ships as soon as it becomes available. Please keep in mind that the estimated date is subject to change.
Getting your order to you in a timely fashion is very important to us. If the arrival of back ordered items is time sensitive, please let us know. When an estimated delivery date changes on an order, we will do our best to notify you of the change.
Credit cards are charged at the time of order. If the back ordered item is no longer available, we will cancel the item from your order, notify you via e-mail or phone and refund your credit card for the amount of the back order.
How do I return a product?
Contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-457-3728 for a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number before returning any merchandise for any reason. Rescue Source is not responsible for any merchandise returned without an RMA number. Return the product along with the original packaging. Returned merchandise will be inspected and may be subject to a restocking fee. Absolutely no returns on rope, webbing, webbing products, videos or sale items, unless the item was received in a damaged condition and an RMA number is requested within 15 days of receipt of shipment. On all other returns, an RMA must be requested within 30 days of the invoice date.
What is Rescue Source’s warranty?
Rescue Source warrants to the original purchaser of Rescue Source manufactured products as well as products we distribute and sell will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This express warranty and all implied warranties imposed by law are limited to one year duration from the date of original purchase. In the event of such a defect during the warranty period, Rescue Source agrees, at its option, to repair or replace the product returned under warranty. This warranty does not apply to any damage caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper application or installation, or to any damage caused by any repair or attempted repair not authorized by Rescue Source. No further warranties exist or are implied by Rescue Source due to the high risks involved in rescue services, and in other activities including, but not limited to, water activities and other outdoor activities such as mountaineering, rock climbing, rappelling, and caving, which risks can be reduced only through the skill, training, and judgment of the individual participant. This limited warranty excludes, and Rescue Source shall not be liable for, any incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of the breach of the express or implied warranties on sales by Rescue Source or otherwise. This limited warranty in no way limits or alters other manufacturers’ warranties on products that are sold or distributed by Rescue Source. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts nor the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
What should I know about using Rescue Source’s equipment?
Many of the activities for which Rescue Source products are used pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death. Be certain you carefully review all of the following information.
Products manufactured and sold by Rescue Source are intended for use by professionals trained and experienced in the use, inspection, and maintenance of these products. All individuals using Rescue Source products must have the same professional level of skill.
Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing, and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training, and good personal judgment.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY: Rescue Source is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the equipment, failure to follow adequate safety precautions, or breach of the duty of either the purchaser or user. Adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. Since these risks are out of the control of Rescue Source, the liability shifts to the user and purchaser.
DUTY OF PURCHASER AND USER: It is the responsibility of the purchaser and the user of the products manufactured and/or sold by Rescue Source to:
- Read the product instructions and labels and follow them.
- If you do not have a copy of the instructions request a copy from Rescue Source, PO Box 1050, Wilton, CA 95693.
Inspect the product immediately after purchase and before and after each use. Read the note on inspection below.
- Receive training in the proper use of the equipment and in the appropriate techniques. Proper training includes safety procedures, limitations of the equipment, inspection of the equipment, and risk management. If you are not competent in the use of the product, do not use it. See the note on training below.
- Determine if the product is suitable for its intended use and that it meets all applicable standards and regulations. The manufacturer can provide assistance but cannot be expected to knowledgeable of all worldwide standards and regulations.
- Use good judgement and do not exceed the limitations of the user’s skill or of the equipment.
- Use adequate safety precautions including belays and backup systems. Practice risk management at all times.
- Do not alter the product in any way. Repairs must be done only according to the manufacturer’s instructions or returned to the manufacturer for repair. Alterations may void warranty.
- If the purchaser is not the user of the product, the purchaser must provide each user with a copy of this notice and the product instructions. If additional copies of this notice, or the product instructions are needed, they can be obtained from Rescue Source.