The Hiyak is Astral’s view of a proper bootie. It offers ground-conforming stability, excellent foot protection, and insulation without neoprene. The result is a lighter, more durable, and faster drying water-boot with phenomenal gripping powers.
- The upper is a hydrophobic canvas material, with 1060 denier ballistic nylon reinforcing rand for extra durability.
- The 3 mm quilted spacer-mesh liner traps air between you and the canvas shell for insulation that dries in a hurry.
- The removable 7 mm closed-cell EVA midsole offers cushioning for your foot. It can’t absorb water and odors.
- G.SS (super sticky) rubber outsole is siped and designed for maximum sole-to-ground friction, while still being non-marking.
- The sole is stitched and bonded directly to the upper for maximum durability.
- High-top padded ankle protection and semi-rigid heel cup.
- Hidden water-resistant laces, with a Velcro® overflap, provide a secure, foot-hugging closure.
- The Hiyak is a great choice for kayaking, rafting and river SUP.
|Material Upper:||Hydrophobic Canvas with 1060D ballistic nylon reinforcement rand|
|Insole:||Removable, 7mm EVA foam|
|Features:||Hidden water-resistant laces with Velcro® flap
High-top padded ankle
Semi-rigid heel cup