The SMC Edge Roller is a versatile piece of equipment most often used to reduce the friction of ropes running over edges of all kinds. An Edge Roller may also be used to protect fire hoses, air supply and communication lines passing over sharp or otherwise abrasive edges.
Lightweight aluminum frames are welded and then powder-coated bright red for visibility, durability, resistance to corrosion and abrasion protection. Heat-treated aluminum sheaves measuring 4” long by 2-1/2” in diameter with Oilite bushings on a 5/8” diameter plated steel axle for efficiency and durability at a reasonable cost.
Sold as a single unit, two Edge Rollers may be connected by quick links for applications involving a variety of edges and angles. Two 3/16” quick links are furnished with each Edge Roller. Sold as a single unit.
- Aluminum wheel with Oilite bushings
- Axle: Zinc-plated steel
- Rubber padded base
- 4-inch wide wheel accepts multiple ropes
- Comes with 2 screw links for attaching units together
- Eight tie-down holes can be used to link rollers or anchor a safety line to them
- Dimensions: 10″ x 6″ x 4-1/2″
- Weight: 3.1 lbs
- Industry & work-related
- Fire Departments
- Mountaineering & caving
- Theatrical rigging